PLACE LOGIC analysis has a wide range of applications, from the study of existing urban patterns to understanding the impact of future developments. Typical applications are highlighted here along with a variety of relevant case studies a selection of which can be found on this website.
GIS mapping of the existing plan to incorporate existing vehicular and pedestrian only routes.
- Portas Pilots - Bedford, Liskeard
- Winchester, Hampshire
- Milan, Geneva, Lancaster Comparison
- Rome, Italy
- Oxford Street, Central London
FUTURE SCENARIO - SINGLE SCHEME
Adaptation of the existing plan to incorporate a permitted future development proposal.
- Wellesley Aldershot, Hampshire
- Nansledan, Newquay, Cornwall
- Nine Elms Opportunity Area, London
- Berewood, Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire
- Knights Park, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
FUTURE SCENARIO - MULTIPLE SCHEMES
Adaptation of the existing plan to incorporate multiple future development proposals for the same site.
FUTURE SCENARIO - MULTIPLE SITE LOCATIONS
Adaptation of the existing plan to incorporate multiple future development proposals for alternative site locations.
- Bohunt Liphook, Hampshire
- Whitchurch, Hampshire
Impact assessment of new connections (bridges, roads) or redevelopment of underperforming linkages.
BUILDING AND OPEN SPACE ANALYSIS
Insertion of a new building and/or open space and application of constraints such as building obstacles, landscaping.
- US Embassy, Nine Elms London
- Trafalgar Square, Central London
HISTORIC MORPHOLOGY ANALYSIS
Adaptation of the existing plan to incorporate historic morphology/urban growth over time.
- London River Crossings study
- Groane, Italy
- West Corby, Northamptonshire